Listen to these all new audio clips from the Show-Me Institute about free-market ideas:
- Medicaid: Medicaid expansion sounds like free money, but after three years, Missouri taxpayers will have to pick up a $3 billion tab. Reform Medicaid, don’t expand it.
- Common Core: One size for kids doesn’t fit all, whether it’s shoes or schools. Why use centrally imposed standards that don’t meet the individual needs of local schools or students?
- Minimum Wage: We’d like to see everyone get a raise, but a government mandate is the wrong way to go. Raising the minimum wage will only hurt the very people it’s intended to help.
- Accounting: Missouri is behind in funding its public pensions because of flawed accounting assumptions.
- Tax Credits: Elected officials gamble your money on their favored corporations. Let’s end corporate welfare.