Show-Me Institute Accepting Applications For Winter/Spring Internship Opportunities
The Show-Me Institute is pleased to offer internship opportunities for winter/spring 2012.
- Internships are open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Winter/spring internships will last approximately four months. The exact starting and ending dates are flexible, but we anticipate that each internship will run from January 4 through May 23.
- Winter/spring interns can work a part- or full-time schedule, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with attendance strongly suggested at the institute’s book club once a month.
- Because the Show-Me Institute is a “small shop,” interns will be involved in virtually all aspects of the institute’s operations. Interns work closely with senior staff on a wide variety of projects. They can expect greater responsibility and personal attention than they would receive at larger organizations.
- Interns will assist staff members with a variety of tasks. These may include researching public policy topics, organizing events, and writing and editing op-eds, newsletters, studies, and other documents. Some administrative and clerical tasks also are required.
- A Show-Me Institute internship is an excellent opportunity to improve your research and writing skills. Each intern will produce an op-ed on a public policy topic of interest to him or her. Each intern will receive feedback and assistance from the institute’s staff members throughout the process.
- All internships will occur at the Show-Me Institute’s offices in the Central West End.
- Interns are paid on an hourly basis.
Those wishing to be considered for an internship should submit the internship application and the requested supporting materials (click on "2012 Winter/Spring Internship Application" at bottom of page).
The deadline for consideration is December 2, 2011. Applicants can expect a decision in mid- to late December.