Fall Internship 2017
Show-Me Institute Internships: Fall 2017
The Show-Me Institute is pleased to offer internship opportunities for Fall 2017.
- Internships are open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Internships last approximately four months. The exact starting and ending dates are flexible, but we anticipate that each internship will run from September 11 until December 15.
- Fall interns will work a part- or full-time schedule (9 a.m.-5 p.m.).
- Interns will be involved in many aspects of the Institute’s operations. Interns will work closely with senior staff on a wide variety of projects. They can expect greater responsibility and personal attention than they would receive at larger organizations.
- Interns will assist staff members with a variety of tasks. These may include researching public policy topics, organizing events, and writing and editing op-eds, newsletters, studies, and other documents. Some administrative and clerical tasks also will be required.
- Policy internships as well as communications and development internships are available.
- A Show-Me Institute internship is an excellent opportunity to improve your research and writing skills. Each intern will produce regular blog posts and an op-ed on a public policy topic of interest to him or her. Each intern will receive feedback and assistance from SMI staff members throughout the process.
- Internships are available at the office in St. Louis or Kansas City.
- Interns will be paid on an hourly basis.
Those wishing to be considered for an internship should submit the enclosed application and the requested supporting materials. The deadline for applications is August 18, 2017. However, we will begin conducting interviews as applications are received. Applicants can expect a decision in late August.
About the Show-Me Institute
Founded in 2005, the Show-Me Institute is a non-partisan, non-profit public policy research organization. The mission of the Institute is advancing liberty with responsibility by promoting market solutions for Missouri public policy. For more information:
Phone: (314) 454-0647