Fall 2022 Internships
- Internships are open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Summer internships will last approximately three months. The exact starting and ending dates are flexible, but each intern is expected to work at least 10 weeks. No internship shall start prior to September 6.
- Fall interns will work a part-time schedule in the office, with exact hours to be determined later.
- Interns will be involved in many aspects of the Institute’s operations. Interns will work closely with senior staff on a wide variety of projects. They can expect greater responsibility and personal attention than they would receive at larger organizations.
- Interns will assist staff members with a variety of public-policy related tasks. These may include researching public policy topics, organizing events, and writing and editing op-eds, newsletters, blogs, studies, and other documents. Some administrative and clerical tasks will also be required.
- A Show-Me Institute internship is an excellent opportunity to improve your research and writing skills. Each intern will produce regular blog posts and an op-ed on a public policy topic of interest to him or her. Each intern will receive feedback and assistance from SMI staff members throughout the process.
- All internships are at the Show-Me Institute’s offices in Saint Louis, Mo.
- Interns will be paid on an hourly basis.
Those wishing to be considered for an internship should submit an application and the requested supporting materials. The deadline for applications is August 29, 2022. However, we will begin conducting interviews as applications are received. Applicants can expect a decision no later than early-September.
About the Show-Me Institute
Founded in 2005, the Show-Me Institute is a nonpartisan, nonprofit public policy research organization. The mission of the Institute is advancing liberty with responsibility by promoting market solutions for Missouri public policy. For more information:
Phone: (314) 454-0647