The Show-Me Institute Is Hiring
We’re looking for people who believe economic freedom and individual liberty are cornerstones of a prosperous society, and who see the free exchange of ideas as the best way to bring about positive change. If this sounds like you, please see the listing(s) below.
Education Policy Research Assistant
The Show-Me Institute (“SMI”) seeks an Education Policy Research Assistant to help in the research, execution, analysis, and evaluation of education policies promoted by SMI. The Research Assistant will also be assigned office, development, and media related tasks and responsibilities. The Research Assistant will be based out of SMI’s St. Louis office.
The Research Assistant’s responsibilities will include:
- Researching issues, as assigned, and creating timely policy content—such as policy briefs, legislative analyses, commentaries, and blog posts
- Conducting quantitative analysis to support research and publications
- Tracking and reviewing legislative proposals
- Assisting with and making presentations
- Such other tasks as may be assigned
Qualifications for the Research Assistant role:
- Excellent writing ability
- Ability to independently use Excel to analyze data
- Strong analytical, research, and oral communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Commitment to school choice-based education reform in Missouri
How to Apply:
To apply, please email a cover letter (including philosophical commitment to the mission of the Show-Me Institute and salary requirements), resume, and writing sample to Scott Tanner at email@example.com. Applications may also be mailed to:
5297 Washington Pl.
St. Louis, MO 63108
About the Show-Me Institute
Founded in 2005, the Show-Me Institute is a non-partisan, non-profit public policy research organization. The mission of the Institute is advancing liberty with responsibility by promoting market solutions for Missouri public policy. For more information:
Phone: (314) 454-0647