The Show-Me Institute Is Hiring
We’re looking for people who believe economic freedom and individual liberty are cornerstones of a prosperous society, and who see the free exchange of ideas as the best way to bring about positive change. If this sounds like you, please see the listing(s) below.
Education Policy Research Assistant
The Show-Me Institute (“SMI”) seeks an Education Policy Research Assistant to help in the research, execution, analysis, and evaluation of education policies promoted by SMI. The Research Assistant will also be assigned office, development, and media related tasks and responsibilities. The Research Assistant will be based out of SMI’s St. Louis office.
The Research Assistant’s responsibilities will include:
- Researching issues, as assigned, and creating timely policy content—such as policy briefs, legislative analyses, commentaries, and blog posts
- Conducting quantitative analysis to support research and publications
- Tracking and reviewing legislative proposals
- Assisting with and making presentations
- Such other tasks as may be assigned
Qualifications for the Research Assistant role:
- Excellent writing ability
- Ability to independently use Excel to analyze data
- Strong analytical, research, and oral communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Commitment to school choice-based education reform in Missouri
How to Apply:
To apply, please email a cover letter (including philosophical commitment to the mission of the Show-Me Institute and salary requirements), resume, and writing sample to Scott Tanner at email@example.com. Applications may also be mailed to:
5297 Washington Pl.
St. Louis, MO 63108
The Show-Me Institute is pleased to offer internship opportunities for Summer 2018.
- Internships are open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Internships last approximately ten weeks. The exact starting and ending dates are flexible, but we anticipate that each internship will run from June 4 until August 17.
- Summer interns will work a full-time schedule (9 a.m.-5 p.m.).
- Interns will be involved in many aspects of the Institute’s operations. Interns will work closely with senior staff on a wide variety of projects. They can expect greater responsibility and personal attention than they would receive at larger organizations.
- Interns will assist staff members with a variety of tasks. These may include researching public policy topics, organizing events, and writing and editing op-eds, newsletters, studies, and other documents. Some administrative and clerical tasks also will be required.
- Policy internships as well as communications and development internships are available.
- A Show-Me Institute internship is an excellent opportunity to improve your research and writing skills. Each intern will produce regular blog posts and an op-ed on a public policy topic of interest to him or her. Each intern will receive feedback and assistance from SMI staff members throughout the process.
- Internships are located in either our St. Louis or Kansas City office.
- Interns will be paid on an hourly basis.
Those wishing to be considered for an internship should submit the enclosed application and the requested supporting materials. The deadline for applications is Friday, April 27, 2018. However, we will begin conducting interviews as applications are received. Applicants can expect a decision in mid to late May.
About the Show-Me Institute
Founded in 2005, the Show-Me Institute is a non-partisan, non-profit public policy research organization. The mission of the Institute is advancing liberty with responsibility by promoting market solutions for Missouri public policy. For more information:
Phone: (314) 454-0647