The Earnings Tax Debate: Argle-Bargle or Foofaraw?
Show-Me Institute scholars and analysts have been activily involved in debates about the earnings taxes in St. Louis and Kansas City these past two weeks. (We have NOT been involved in the politics of it, however — our job is to explain the economic effects of the tax.) Here is a brief rundown of our recent media appearances regarding the issue:
- An op-ed printed in the Kansas City Star.
- Commentary on KWMU 90.7 NPR in St. Louis.
- Debate on KWMU in which Dr. Howard Wall discussed his new essay documenting the economic harm of local earnings taxes.
- Our op-ed in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- I have appeared on the air with Mark Reardon at KMOX, Darla Jaye at KMBZ, and Jamie Allman at 97.1 FM to discuss the issue.
- Further interviews and comments on the earnings tax will be airing today on KMOX, tonight on Fox 2 news, and Sunday morning on the Jaco Report.
I encourage everyone who votes on Tuesday to cast the most informed ballot you can. If Show-Me Institute research helps you decide either way, we are fulfilling our educational mission.