The Show-Me Institute is pleased to offer internship opportunities for Spring 2014.
- Internships are open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Spring internships will last approximately four months. The exact starting and ending dates are flexible, but each intern is expected to work at least 10 weeks. No internship shall start prior to January 13, 2014. Spring internships will end on or before May 23, 2014.
- Spring interns can work a full-time schedule (9 a.m.-5 p.m., with one hour for lunch), or arrange for a part-time schedule to accommodate class schedules.
- Interns will be involved in virtually all aspects of the Institute’s operations. Interns will work closely with senior staff on a wide variety of projects. They can expect greater responsibility and personal attention than they would receive at larger organizations.
- Interns will assist staff members with a variety of tasks. These may include researching public policy topics, organizing events, and writing and editing op-eds, newsletter articles, studies, and other documents. Some administrative and clerical tasks will also be required.
- A Show-Me Institute internship is an excellent opportunity to improve your research and writing skills. Each intern will produce regular blog posts and an op-ed on a public policy topic of interest to him or her. Each intern will receive feedback and assistance from SMI staff members throughout the process.
- All internships are at the Show-Me Institute’s offices in Saint Louis, Mo.
- Interns will be paid on an hourly basis.
- Those wishing to be considered for an internship should submit the enclosed application and the requested supporting materials. The deadline for applications is December 6, 2013. However, we will begin conducting interviews as applications are received. Applicants can expect a decision no later than mid-December
Those wishing to be considered for an internship should submit the internship application and the requested supporting materials. The deadline for consideration is December 6, 2013. However, we will begin conducting interviews as applications are received. Applicants can expect a decision no later than mid-December.
About the Show-Me Institute
Founded in 2005, the Show-Me Institute is a non-partisan, non-profit public policy research organization. The mission of the Institute is advancing liberty with responsibility by promoting market solutions for Missouri public policy.